Math/Science Study Hall Mentor
Elite Prep Arcadia
Days/Times: Tue-Fri, 3-7pm
Hours: minimum 16 hours; more hours available depending on your ability
Are you passionate about education?
Do you love the idea of helping students reach their highest potential?
Are you an organized individual and good at helping others with time management?
Are you proficient in high school math (mainly Geometry through Algebra 2) and science (mainly Biology and Chemistry)?
Are you looking for a steady/stable work environment with set hours and passionate coworkers?
We may have the perfect job for you! We are looking to hire a "Study Hall Mentor" for our after-school Study Hall program. Your job will be part tutoring and part student management. The goal of the program is to help students develop better study and time management skills as well as assist them with whatever concepts are giving them trouble.
At times, as a Study Hall Mentor, you may need to discipline and provide structure for students, but the goal is to inspire and help them learn how to use their resources and time well. Essentially, we want students to learn how to study and be self-sufficient.
You will be working primarily with students from the Arcadia Unified School District and its surrounding areas.
Ideally, Study Hall Mentors should be:
- proficient in math and science
- well-organized and able to help others be organized also
- able to bond/connect with students (youngest 8th grade, oldest 12th grade)
- available Tuesday through Friday from 3-7pm throughout the school year
- have a bachelor's degree or greater
- available to start working as soon as possible
- able to continue working into the next school year
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.