Elite of Plano
Elite of Plano is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a gift for teaching to help motivated and ambitious high school students to succeed academically in the subject areas of:
- SAT Math
- SAT Writing
- SAT Critical Reading
Working in one of our newest branch offices will open opportunities for instructors to explore the potential of working in other areas of Elite, including counseling, management, marketing, and beyond.
Elite provides instructors with job training and comprehensive lesson plans from our own curriculum. Instructors are not required to create their own lesson materials or find their own students.
Requirements for employment:
- Bachelor's degree (completed)
- Strong background in SAT-level math, reading comprehension, and/or grammar and writing skills
- Prior teaching/tutoring experience is preferred
Ideal candidates for the position will display:
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter
- A dynamic and engaging teaching style
- A proactive personality type with a knack for innovation and creative thinking
- Effective communication skills
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Patience, sincerity, and compassion
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.
Applicants can expect to teach one or more of the SAT Reasoning Test sections (Math, Critical Reading, Writing) and possibly AP Exam prep or SAT Subject Test prep courses, according to their strengths. There may also be opportunities to provide advice and guidance concerning student’s education plans and American college admissions. They will plan classes around provided class material, handle attendance and other academic record keeping, complete student evaluations, be consulted about curriculum design, attend faculty meetings and workshops, and, at times, help hire other capable instructors.
- Assist high school students in the mastery of Math, Critical Reading, and/or Writing skills
- Teach daily lessons according to Elite curriculum
- Instruct multiple students in a classroom setting (class sizes range from 5-25 students)
- Monitor and record student progress
- Offer creative solutions to problems, both inside and outside of the classroom