Elite of Jakarta
Immediate Openings at Elite of Jakarta
Elite Indonesia is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a gift for teaching to help motivated and ambitious junior high and high school students in Indonesia to succeed academically. Working in our newest branch will open opportunities for instructors to explore the potential of working in other areas of Elite, including counseling, management, marketing, and beyond.
Elite provides instructors with job training and comprehensive lesson plans from our own curriculum. Instructors are not required to create their own lesson materials or find their own students.
Requirements for employment:
- Bachelor's degree (completed; Strong background in SAT-level math, reading comprehension, grammar, and writing skills)
- Prior teaching/tutoring experience
Ideal candidates for the position will display:
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter
- A dynamic and engaging teaching style
- A proactive personality type with a knack for innovation and creative thinking
- Effective communication skills
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Patience, sincerity, and compassion
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.
Applicants can expect to teach SAT Reasoning Test sections (Math, Critical Reading, Writing) and possibly AP Test, SAT Subject Test courses, Elite ReadiPrep Courses (Novel Reading, Algebra 1,2, and Geometry), TOEFL or IELTS courses according to their strengths. There may also be opportunities to provide advice and guidance concerning student’s education plans and American college admissions.
They will plan classes around provided class material, handle attendance and other academic record keeping, complete student evaluations, be consulted about curriculum design, attend faculty meetings and workshops, and, at times, help hire other capable instructors.
Opportunities may also open up for developing the business aspects of Elite Indonesia.
- Assist junior high and high school students in the mastery of Math, Critical Reading, or Writing skills
- Teach daily lessons according to Elite curriculum
- Instruct multiple students in a classroom setting (class sizes range from 5-15 students)
- Monitor and record student progress
- Offer creative solutions to problems, both inside and outside of the classroom
COMPENSATION & PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is based on a one-year contract, but there may be availability for summer employment. Starting pay for one-year contracts is approximately $20,000 - $30,000 a year plus benefits, depending on experience. (Salary paid in Indonesian Rupiah). Benefits include housing, RT plane fare (up to $1400), medical insurance, legal visa (valued at $600) and foreigner tax (valued at $1200).