Book Club (English/Language Arts) Instructor
Elite of San Francisco
Elite Education of San Francisco currently has an immediate opening for a dynamic BOOK CLUB / CRITICAL READING & WRITING INSTRUCTOR with a passion for teaching. The successful candidate will be able to teach contemporary and classic works of fiction and non-fiction, and will be strong in literary analysis, vocabulary, writing, and grammar.
1) A bachelor's degree from an accredited university; no college students, please;
2) Background in English literature or humanities;
3) Graduate degree and/or teaching credential a plus but not required;
4) 1+ years of classroom teaching or tutoring experience;
5) Excellent communication and presentation skills in a classroom setting;
6) Genuine concern for the students' education and well-being;
7) Comfortable working with youths ages 12-17;
8) Able to work Tuesday through Friday mornings; 9am-12pm
1) Flexible, part-time schedule with a competitive salary;
2) Paid lesson-planning hours;
3) Highly motivated students;
4) Fun and personable staff in a friendly work environment;
Pay is commensurate with experience. All candidates will be required to take a 40-minute screening test as part of the interview process.