ReadiPrep English Tutor (Grades 5-9)
Elite of San Diego-Carmel Valley
Elite of San Diego-Carmel Valley is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a gift for teaching to help motivated and ambitious high school students succeed academically in the following subject areas:
- ReadiPrep English for students in grades 5-9
Requirements for employment:
- Bachelor's degree (completed)
- Strong background in Reading, Writing, Grammar, and/or English Literature
- Prior teaching/tutoring experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to pass a screening test over all relevant subject matter
Ideal candidates for the position will display:
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter
- A dynamic and engaging teaching style
- Effective communication skills
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Patience, sincerity, and compassion
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.
When completing the online application, please indicate the subject or subjects that you are interested in and qualified to teach. Additional teaching and tutoring opportunities may be available.
- Assist high school students in the mastery of reading comprehension, grammar, and writing skills
- Teach daily lessons according to Elite curriculum
- Instruct multiple students in a classroom setting (class sizes range from 5 to 25 students)
- Monitor and record student progress
COMPENSATION & PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is on a part-time basis. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
All classes and tutoring services are offered at our branch locations. Elite does not currently offer in-home or online instruction.