Speech & Debate Coaches (Elementary & Jr. High)
Elite of Irvine - Newport Beach
Elite of Irvine - Newport Beach is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a gift for teaching to help motivated and ambitious Elementary and Jr. High students succeed in the following subject areas:
- Elementary Speech
- Jr. High Speech
- Jr. High Debate
Elite's exciting new Speech & Debate program will help students in grades 4-12 become effective communicators and critical thinkers. We're seeking experienced coaches to help students learn to speak with authority, make powerful arguments, and express themselves with clarity and eloquence.
Requirements for employment:
- College graduate, preferably with a degree in Communications, Political Science, Philosophy, History or English
- Strong communication skills demonstrated through writing and speech
- Ability to work in a team environment and work independently with little supervision
- Has a good laptop and phone that sends and receives text messages
Ideal candidates for the position:
Candidates who have prior experience as competitors or coaches of Public Forum, Lincoln-Douglas, or Policy Debates OR have experience with Individual Events (Speech) in some or all of the following categories: Impromptu,Congressional Debate, Humorous Interpretation, Original Oratory, and Extemporaneous are preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel with students to debate tournaments
- Ability to actively research current events to supplement lesson materials
- Teach daily lessons according to Elite curriculum
- Monitor and record student progress
- Instruct multiple students in a classroom setting
Candidates who do not have previous Speech and Debate experience are encouraged to apply. Those who demonstrate a strong desire to learn and coach Speech and Debate will be considered.
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.