SAT Reading & Writing and Language Instructors
Elite Prep San Diego-Pacific Highlands
Elite Prep San Diego-Pacific Highlands is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a gift for teaching to help motivated and ambitious high school students succeed academically.
Elite provides instructors with job training and comprehensive lesson plans from our own curriculum. Instructors are not required to create their own lesson materials or find their own students.
Requirements for employment:
- Bachelor's degree (completed)
- Strong background in English and writing
- Prior teaching/tutoring experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to pass a screening test over all relevant subject matter
Ideal candidates for the position will display:
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter
- A dynamic and engaging teaching style
- Effective communication skills
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Patience, sincerity, and compassion
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.
Instructors teaching in the summer program at Elite Educational Institute will participate in a mandatory pre-summer training session.
When completing the online application, please indicate the subject or subjects that you are interested in and qualified to teach. Additional teaching and tutoring opportunities may be available.
- Assist high school students in the mastery of reading comprehension, grammar, and writing skills
- Teach daily lessons according to Elite curriculum
- Instruct multiple students in a classroom setting (class sizes range from 5-25 students)
- Monitor and record student progress
COMPENSATION & PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is on a part-time basis. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The average Elite instructor works 10-30 hours per week during the summer session and 5-10 hours per week during the school year.
All classes and tutoring services are offered at our branch locations. Elite does not currently offer in-home or online instruction.