SAT & High School Math Instructors
Elite Prep San Diego-Rancho Bernardo
Elite Prep San Diego-Rancho Bernardo is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a gift for teaching to help motivated and ambitious high school students succeed.
Elite provides instructors with job training and comprehensive lesson plans from our own curriculum. Instructors are not required to create their own lesson materials or find their own students.
Requirements for employment:
- Bachelor's degree (completed)
- Strong background in SAT-level mathematics (numbers and operations; algebra and functions; geometry and measurement; data analysis, statistics, and probability) and high school-level math subjects
- Commitment to teach at Elite for the duration of the summer session (mid-June through mid-August)
- Prior teaching/tutoring experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to pass a screening test over all relevant subject matter
Ideal candidates for the position will display:
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter
- A dynamic and engaging teaching style
- Effective communication skills
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Patience, sincerity, and compassion
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.
Instructors teaching in the summer program at Elite Educational Institute will participate in a mandatory pre-summer training session.
When completing the online application, please indicate the subject or subjects that you are interested in and qualified to teach. Additional teaching and tutoring opportunities may be available.
- Assist high school students in the mastery of math skills
- Teach daily lessons according to Elite curriculum
- Instruct multiple students in a classroom setting (class sizes range from 5-25 students)
- Monitor and record student progress
The average Elite instructor works 10-30 hours per week during the summer session and 5-10 hours per week during the school year. Compensation is commensurate with experience.