Elite Prep Irvine - Newport Beach
Elite Prep Irvine - Newport Beach is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a gift for teaching to help motivated and ambitious high school students succeed academically in the following SAT Subject Test, Advanced Placement Exam, and general academic tutoring subject areas:
- United States History
- World History
- European History
Elite provides instructors with job training and comprehensive lesson plans from our own curriculum.Instructors are not required to create their own lesson materials or find their own students.
Requirements for employment:
- Bachelor's degree (completed)
- Strong background in History
- Prior teaching/tutoring experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to pass a screening test over all relevant subject matter
Ideal candidates for the position will display:
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter
- A dynamic and engaging teaching style
- Effective communication skills
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Patience, sincerity, and compassion
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.
When completing the online application, please indicate the subject or subjects that you are interested in and qualified to teach. Additional teaching and tutoring opportunities may be available.
- Assist high school students in History homework and/or test preparation
- Teach daily lessons according to Elite curriculum
- Instruct multiple students in a classroom setting (class sizes range from 5-25 students)
- Monitor and record student progress
Starting pay for instructors is $20/hour but may be adjusted based on an applicant's qualifications and experience.
Employment is on a part-time basis. The average Elite instructor works 10-30 hours per week during the summer session and 5-10 hours per week during the school year.
All classes and tutoring services are offered at our branch locations. Elite does not currently offer in-home or online instruction.