Announcing our newest program: Elite Power Speech & Debate!
What is Elite Power Speech & Debate?
- Elite’s Speech program focuses heavily on speech, critical thinking, and impromptu skills to help students learn the basic points of speaking in public. Students will learn basic speech skills such as gestures, posture, and eye contact.
- Our Debate program is designed to teach students basic debate skills and the technical necessities for debating in Public Forum Debate.
What is the difference between Speech & Debate?
Speech focuses on efficiency of content delivery and utilizes a developed skillset to present and persuade listeners. Students prepare and organize research to present speeches to an audience.
Debate is an argumentative competition that requires competing individuals or groups to convince judges of their respective viewpoints by employing eloquence and sound evidence.
What are the benefits of Speech & Debate?
- Develops important team-building, critical thinking, and logical reasoning skills
- Aligns with new Common Core state standards by improving students' ability to cite evidence and research
- Advances reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills that are important to academic and future career success
Fosters self-confidence and leadership abilities
Provides opportunities to excel at a meaningful extracurricular activity, garner honors and awards, and stand out in the college admission process
- Every branch of Elite is a member of the National Forensics League (NFL) and National Junior Forensics League (NJFL), the National Speech and Debate Association's premier honor societies. This allows Elite to grant students points for Speech & Debate rounds which may be used to attain the coveted All American status.
- All coaches at Elite have extensive training and experience in the field of Speech & Debate. With their knowledge and expertise, coaches offer every student the individual attention, confidence, and experience they need to succeed in any public forum.
- Select Elite branches and their programs have been evaluated and approved by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) because of their outstanding learning environment and support offered to students. This means that Elite classes meet the same rigorous standards as high school classes.
- Elite Educational Institute is proudly partnered with the Center for Future Global Leaders to jointly develop and administer the International Academic Competitions at their locations in Canada, China, South Korea, and the United States.
Elite Power Speech & Debate Classes are offered at select Elite branches. Contact your branch today to register or learn more!